Schedule Your Consultation:

A Firm Focused On Meeting The Community’s Needs

Navigating The Aftermath of an Oklahoma Car Accident: Guidance Through the Collision Confusion

A car accident can shatter your life. At Green Country Law Group, we can help you put the pieces back together.

Based in Tahlequah and Muskogee, we help people throughout Oklahoma who have been in any kind of vehicle accident. You can rely on our lawyers’ 50-plus years of legal experience and extensive knowledge of the law.

What Behavior is Classified as Distracted Driving?

Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of road collisions, and it can lead to more frequent and severe accidents compared to other causes. Distracted driving refers to any activity that diverts a driver’s attention away from the road, including texting, talking on the phone, eating, using navigation systems and more.

When a driver is distracted, their reaction time slows down, their decision-making ability is impaired, and their ability to perceive and react to hazards on the road is diminished. This can lead to an increased frequency of collisions, as distracted drivers are more likely to miss important traffic signals, run red lights, or fail to see other vehicles or pedestrians.

In addition to being more frequent, collisions caused by distracted driving can also be more severe. Distracted drivers are less likely to take evasive action to avoid a collision, which can result in higher speeds and more force at impact. This, in turn, can lead to more serious injuries and fatalities, as well as greater damage to vehicles and other property.


What Should I Do to Protect Myself and My Family Before a Car Wreck?

The three best things you can do to protect yourself and your family before you are ever in a car wreck is to make sure you have three kinds of coverage on your own vehicle:

  • Gap coverage
  • Uninsured motorist coverage
  • Medical payments coverage.

Gap coverage will bridge the financial “gap” between what your vehicle may be worth and what you may owe on that vehicle. Without this type of coverage, you could potentially end up having to pay for a car that someone else wrecked.

Uninsured motorist coverage (UM) will provide you with financial protection if you are in a car wreck with someone who either: a) does not have any car insurance, or b) does not have enough car insurance to adequately compensate you for the damages they cause to you.

Medical payment coverage (med-pay) will pay your medical bills up to the policy limits – even if the wreck is your fault.

What Should I Do After I Have Been in a Car Wreck?

If you have been in an automobile accident, it is a good idea to contact your attorney. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process, protect your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for any injuries or damages that you have suffered.

An attorney can also help you negotiate with insurance companies, gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf. In addition, an attorney can advise you on the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim and can help you understand your rights and options.

It is important to note that there is a limited amount of time in which you can take legal action after an automobile accident, so it is important to act quickly. An attorney can help you understand the specific time limits that apply to your case and can ensure that you take all necessary steps to protect your rights.

Get Guidance on Your Car Accident Case

Please reach out to us online or call 918-456-6113 to get started. We will work hard to help you get compensation so you can move forward.